The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We do our best to display a current list of employment opportunities at this site. Click here to print, complete and mail/fax us a paper application, or click here to submit an application online.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to: YWCA Greater Harrisburg (EOE), Attn: Human Resources, 1101 Market Street Harrisburg, PA 17103 firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (717) 234-1779.
Preschool Teacher Openings
The Grace Pollock Child Development Center is a licensed preschool, teaching children as young as six weeks all the way through pre-kindergarten, with before and after school programs for elementary school students as well. We are looking for experienced, energetic and loving teachers to join our team. If you are as passionate about the growth and development of the precious children in our care as we are, we want to meet with you. We are most interested in talking to applicants that have:
- Diploma/CDA preferred, not required (YWCA Greater Harrisburg will cover cost of CDA)
- Previous experience working in a licensed childcare facility helpful; however we are willing to train the right candidates
- Early childhood education or child development degree (in lieu of degree, equivalent work experience will be considered)
- Impeccable references and a proven track record of caring and nurturing children
- The ability to meet state and/or accreditation requirements for education and experience
- Experience and/or working knowledge of DHS regulations and Keystone STARS is a plus.
We offer a starting wage of $10/hour. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, sick and personal time, disability and life insurance as well as a retirement plan.
Veterans Housing Case Manager
The VETS Department has an immediate need for a Housing Case Manager to assist homeless veterans and homeless veterans with families to obtain/maintain housing and achieve their self-sufficiency goals through: community outreach, case management, coordination of service provision, life skills instruction, and provision of supportive services.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with 2 years’ experience OR Associate’s degree with 4 years’ experience; thorough knowledge and understanding of housing, veterans and social welfare services, strong organizational and administrative skills especially relating to client file management and reporting. Must have or obtain State Police, Child Abuse and FBI fingerprinting clearances, along with a valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle and proof of insurance.