The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We do our best to display a current list of employment opportunities at this site. Click here to print, complete and mail/fax us a paper application, or click here to submit an application online.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to: YWCA Greater Harrisburg (EOE), Attn: Human Resources, 1101 Market Street Harrisburg, PA 17103 firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (717) 234-1779.
Director Child Development Center
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is looking for a positive and enthusiastic Director to provide leadership and oversee the Child Development Center’s operations, programming and staffing, ensuring the consistent delivery of quality services for the children at the YWCA Child Development Center, their families and staff.
The Director will be responsible for the recruitment, supervision and evaluation of the Center’s early childhood educators and is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Pennsylvania early learning standards, DPW, early childhood education funding opportunities, Keystone STARS, Pre-K Counts, pre-school curriculum and assessment options. Will be responsible to identify and execute strategic goals designed to further improve the quality of services offered at the Center.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education
- Or Bachelor’s degree in related field with at least 30 credit hours in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, or 18 ECE credits.
- Three years’ experience working with young children in an early childhood setting required; significant experience in early childhood development, developmentally appropriate practices, compliance with applicable laws and organizational policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to work with time-sensitive deadlines, adaptability to change, time management and organizational skills, effective problem-solving abilities in high crisis situations.
- Previous management experience, requiring the ability to communicate and work collaboratively and effectively with people of diverse personalities, attitudes, and temperament.
- Ability to nurture and maintain open communication with parents through interviews, meetings and conferences.
- Child Abuse, State Police and FBI Clearances required, along with a valid PA driver’s license, clean driving history and proof of insurance.
Early Education Teacher Openings
We believe that positive teachers can change lives. If you share this belief and want to be a part of the many developmental milestones and moments of discovery that occur in the first year(s) of life, we would love to meet with you!
Teaching infants and toddlers at the YWCA Greater Harrisburg, you will:
- Create warm and stimulating environments filled with different sights, sounds, textures, and sensations.
- Comfort and support infants and toddlers through one-on-one moments of basic care needs, play and communication
- Partner with parents to support, guide and share in their child's growth and development
- Enjoy collaborating with a talented team of early childhood professionals like yourself
- Nurture your career aspirations and personal growth through unlimited opportunities
- Impact the lives of children and families each and every day
The successful applicant will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field; alternatively a CDA Certificate (requirement
- Experience and/or working knowledge of DHS regulations and Keystone STARS is a plus
- Minimum of two years' experience in child care
- A genuine LOVE of teaching young students.
- Must have or be able to obtain Criminal background clearance, Child Abuse Clearance and FBI Clearance.
Crisis Advocate and Counselor
(FT) for its domestic violence/sexual assault programs. This position provides empowerment counseling to adults/children and crisis services including hotline, accompaniments, crisis intervention, and shelter support. Successful applicant must be a self-starter that requires minimal supervision. Must demonstrate high level of communication skills, ability to successfully work in a team environment and be well organized with effective time management skills. Experience with managing crisis situations, working with diverse populations, and proven ability to adapt to changing conditions with enthusiasm a must. Prior direct services experience with both child and adult populations required. Travel within Dauphin/Perry counties required. Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with 3 years’ work-related experience required. Act 33, State Police and FBI clearances required (or able to be obtained). Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance needed.
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is seeking a full time Medical Advocate to provide domestic violence and sexual assault advocacy services within hospitals and medical facilities in Dauphin and Perry Counties. The Medical Advocate will be responsible for providing direct services to victims, professional trainings to the medical community, outreach initiatives, and networking within the facilities. The Medical Advocate is also responsible for ensuring the project work plans are accomplished and reported accurately. The Medical Advocate will assist with accompaniments, hotline calls, shelter and other crisis needs. Applicants must demonstrate a successful history of collaboration building, training experience, and must be a self-starter able to work independently. Exceptional verbal and written skills and a high level of professionalism and sound judgment are essential. Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field and three years related job experience is required, along with a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
Bridge Housing Case Manager
The HHS Department is seeking a full-time Bridge Housing Case Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong background with the issues surrounding homelessness, experience in Human Services and/or Social Work along with the desire to work within a mission driven organization as part of diverse housing and homelessness professionals. The candidate must possess strong interviewing and advocacy skills as well as the capacity to produce strong outcomes as well as to motivate and empower their clients. Responsibilities include scheduling and engaging in weekly client case management meetings, entering data and maintaining accurate program statistics and files, networking and coordinating with other community resources on behalf of program clients. Strong communication, organizational and time management skills are required. A Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree with at least two years’ experience is required.
Veterans Housing Case Manager
The VETS Department has an immediate need for a Housing Case Manager to assist homeless veterans and homeless veterans with families to obtain/maintain housing and achieve their self-sufficiency goals through: community outreach, case management, coordination of service provision, life skills instruction, and provision of supportive services.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with 2 years’ experience OR Associate’s degree with 4 years’ experience; thorough knowledge and understanding of housing, veterans and social welfare services, strong organizational and administrative skills especially relating to client file management and reporting. Must have or obtain State Police, Child Abuse and FBI fingerprinting clearances, along with a valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle and proof of insurance.