The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We do our best to display a current list of employment opportunities at this site. Click here to print, complete and mail/fax us a paper application, or click here to submit an application online.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to: YWCA Greater Harrisburg (EOE), Attn: Human Resources, 1101 Market Street Harrisburg, PA 17103 email@example.com or fax to (717) 234-1779.
Early Education Teacher Openings
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg’s Grace M. Pollock Child Development Center is a high-quality, community child care center with a focus on social/emotional development, learning skills and school readiness. We are Keystone STARS-accredited and aspire to become NAEYC accredited in the near future.
We believe that positive teachers can change lives. If you share this belief and have been looking for the right opportunity to truly impact the lives of our young children/students, we would love to meet with you!
We are looking for qualified teachers that possess the right blend of the following attributes:
- Ability to write and implement creative lessons plans and classroom activities;
- Activity programming (individual and group);
- Proven ability to regularly observe, assess and record student’s development;
- Experience with incorporating arts, music and/or drama into curriculum – not required but considered a Plus;
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive developmental partnerships with students, families and coworkers;
- Willingness to attend Early Childhood Education (ECE) trainings as necessary to keep all minimum child care division annual requirements up to date;
- A genuine LOVE of teaching young students.
The successful applicant will possess the following (minimum) qualifications:
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field; alternatively a CDA Certificate (requirement)
- Criminal background check, child abuse clearances, FBI, etc. required (have or be able to secure)
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in childcare
- A valid PA drivers' license and clean driving record (transportation provided for before/after school program participants)
- Experience in incorporating arts, music, and/or drama into curriculum a plus
- Experience and/or knowledge of DHS regulations and Keystone STARS is a plus
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package for full-time employment, including a significant discount on childcare tuition. We offer paid leave for vacation, personal and sick time and because of our participation in STARS, qualified staff may apply for Rising STARS tuition assistance to further their education.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume, including cover letter to the attention of HR.
Counseling and Intervention Specialist
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is seeking a full-time Counseling and Intervention Specialist. Primary responsibilities include providing individual and group (empowerment based) counseling services to victims of domestic or sexual violence. This position will coordinate counseling referrals and assist in developing and implementing specialized services to underserved populations, including services to males. This position will also provide crisis services such as hotline response, crisis intervention, medical and legal accompaniments, shelter intake and assessment, and assist in coordinating statistical data and reports.
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work independently, utilize sound judgment, handle difficult situations professionally, and be able to promote a trauma-informed environment for clients. Applicants must demonstrate excellent communication skills, effective time-management and organizational skills, effective de-escalation skills, and a familiarity with Microsoft Office programs. Project management experience is a plus. Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field required with 3 years of related job experience. Reliable transportation required for local travel.
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg has an immediate need for a full-time maintenance/repairperson to assist Building and Grounds Supervisor with internal and external building maintenance and repairs. Responsibilities include basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs and renovations; landscaping, lawn maintenance and snow removal when required; event set up for scheduled activities which may include occasional weekends; and some general janitorial duties when necessary.
Requirements include at least two years plumbing, carpentry, and electrical experience. HVAC experience preferred but not required; strong work-ethic and attendance; ability to lift heavy objects; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and general public; valid PA driver’s license with clean driving record, reliable vehicle and proof of insurance. Act 33 Child Abuse, State Police and FBI fingerprinting clearances required.
Interested candidates should forward their resume along with a cover letter to:
YWCA Greater Harrisburg
Attn: Human Resources
1101 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17103
(717) 234-1779 (fax)
Or apply online at: www.ywcahbg.org/employment