The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We do our best to display a current list of employment opportunities at this site. Click here to print, complete and mail/fax us a paper application, or click here to submit an application online.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to: YWCA Greater Harrisburg (EOE), Attn: Human Resources, 1101 Market Street Harrisburg, PA 17103 firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (717) 234-1779.
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer shall demonstrate a passion for the YWCA’s mission, goals, and objectives by serving as the public face and brand of the organization. At the same time the CEO shall ensure that the YWCA is operating in a sound and fiscally prudent manner, providing quality services and programs to the community, and working in collaboration with other stakeholders throughout its served communities.
The CEO is responsible for assuring that the YWCA of Greater Harrisburg is considered a recognized leader and a premier model for societal change through its crisis intervention, recognition and advocacy, youth programming, health and wellness and education and training efforts. The CEO is the association’s primary spokesperson to the community; regional and national YWCA’s; the membership; and significant donors.
Please click here for more information on the CEO position.
Grace M. Pollock Child Development Center Teachers
The Grace M. Pollock Child Development Center is seeking qualified, energetic teachers to complete our team of dedicated chidl care and child development providers. This successful applicant will possess the following (minimum) qualifications:
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field; alternatively a CDA Certificate (requirement)
- Criminal background check, child abuse clearances, FBI, etc. required (have or be able to secure)
- Minimum of two (2) yeras' experience in a childcare center required
- A valid PA drivers' license and clean driving record (transportation provided for before/after school program participants)
- Experience in incorporating arts, music, and/or drama into curriculum a plus
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg offers an excellent benefits package for full-time employment, including a significant childcare discount.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume, including cover letter to the attention of HR.
Summer Camp Staff
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg operates a summer camp program at Camp Reily in Fishing Creek Valley. The day camp operates Monday – Friday from June until August. We are seeking full time counselors, as well as certified lifeguards, physical education teachers, science and environment teachers and art teachers
Requirements: Copy of a recent physical w/TB test results; FBI, State Police, and child abuse clearances. For more information, please contact Andre Nelson at 717-234-7931 email@example.com
Domestic/Sexual Violence Crisis Advocate
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is seeking a full-time Crisis Advocate. Primary responsibilities include providing crisis intervention and response to victims of domestic violence and sexual violence and assisting in the domestic violence emergency shelter.
Applicant must demonstrate the ability to work independently, utilize sound judgment, handle difficult situations professionally, effective de-escalation skills, and be able to promote a trauma-informed environment for clients. Applicants must demonstrate excellent communication skills, effective time-management and organizational skills, and a familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
This position provides crisis counseling, shelter assessments, legal and medical accompaniments, support groups, advocacy, and information and referral for clients. Bachelor's degree in human services or related field preferred with a minimum of one-year related work experience.
Position Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 8 am to 4 pm.
Criminal Legal Advocate
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is seeking qualified candidates to fill a Criminal Legal Advocate opening within our Domestic Violence Legal Center. The Advocate will assist Legal Center attorneys with the successful legal representation of victims of domestic violence in protection from abuse (PFA) cases and provide support to clients throughout the PFA and criminal court processes.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing comprehensive client intake to assess holistic legal needs
- Attending Protection from Abuse court hearings with the Legal Center’s attorneys and clients
- Accompanying clients to domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and dating violence-related criminal court proceedings
- Assisting clients with PFA enforcement issues
- Providing client outreach and legal advocacy to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence and stalking.
- Working off-site at the Community Check Up Center
- Assisting attorneys with immigration cases
- Associate’s degree in social services-related field OR a minimum of one(1) year relevant experience
- Satisfactory completion of 60-hour domestic violence/sexual assault sensitivity training
- Act 33, Pennsylvania State Police and FBI clearances
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation