The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We do our best to display a current list of employment opportunities at this site. Click here to print, complete and mail/fax us a paper application, or click here to submit an application online.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements to: YWCA Greater Harrisburg (EOE), Attn: Human Resources, 1101 Market Street Harrisburg, PA 17103 email@example.com or fax to (717) 234-1779.
Director Child Development Center
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is looking for a positive and enthusiastic Director to provide leadership and oversee the Child Development Center’s operations, programming and staffing, ensuring the consistent delivery of quality services for the children at the YWCA Child Development Center, their families and staff.
The Director will be responsible for the recruitment, supervision and evaluation of the Center’s early childhood educators and is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Pennsylvania early learning standards, DPW, early childhood education funding opportunities, Keystone STARS, Pre-K Counts, pre-school curriculum and assessment options. Will be responsible to identify and execute strategic goals designed to further improve the quality of services offered at the Center.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education
- Or Bachelor’s degree in related field with at least 30 credit hours in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, or 18 ECE credits.
- Three years’ experience working with young children in an early childhood setting required; significant experience in early childhood development, developmentally appropriate practices, compliance with applicable laws and organizational policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to work with time-sensitive deadlines, adaptability to change, time management and organizational skills, effective problem-solving abilities in high crisis situations.
- Previous management experience, requiring the ability to communicate and work collaboratively and effectively with people of diverse personalities, attitudes, and temperament.
- Ability to nurture and maintain open communication with parents through interviews, meetings and conferences.
- Child Abuse, State Police and FBI Clearances required, along with a valid PA driver’s license, clean driving history and proof of insurance.
Camp Counselors (seasonal)
Summer camp as it was meant to be.
Out in the sunshine, under the trees.
If you enjoy being in the outdoors and have at least two years' experience working with children, we invite you to apply for a paid Camp Counselor position with The YWCA Greater Harrisburg’s Camp Reily Summer camp program. Camp Reily is an authentic, outdoor summer day camp experience for children ages 6 through 12 that runs Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM and includes many great amenities, including a pool, playing field, lodge and walking trails, all set in the rustic beauty of 28 wooded acres. This year’s camp experience features 12 weeks of themed fun such as Welcome to the Wilderness, Messy Madness, and the Amazing Race. For full details, visit http://www.ywcahbg.org/CampReily.
If you want to play a key role in the delivery of an incredibly positive camp experience, posess a minimum of a high school diploma (or GED) and are looking for a challenging and fun working environment, please click here to view the full camp counselor job description.
If interested, you can apply using the link at the top of this page, or stop in our Harrisburg office to complete an employment application; or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Education Teacher Openings
We believe that positive teachers can change lives. If you share this belief and want to be a part of the many developmental milestones and moments of discovery that occur in the first year(s) of life, we would love to meet with you!
Teaching infants and toddlers at the YWCA Greater Harrisburg, you will:
- Create warm and stimulating environments filled with different sights, sounds, textures, and sensations.
- Comfort and support infants and toddlers through one-on-one moments of basic care needs, play and communication
- Partner with parents to support, guide and share in their child's growth and development
- Enjoy collaborating with a talented team of early childhood professionals like yourself
- Nurture your career aspirations and personal growth through unlimited opportunities
- Impact the lives of children and families each and every day
The successful applicant will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field; alternatively a CDA Certificate (requirement
- Experience and/or working knowledge of DHS regulations and Keystone STARS is a plus
- Minimum of two years' experience in child care
- A genuine LOVE of teaching young students.
- Must have or be able to obtain Criminal background clearance, Child Abuse Clearance and FBI Clearance.
Crisis Advocate and Counselor
(FT) for its domestic violence/sexual assault programs. This position provides empowerment counseling to adults/children and crisis services including hotline, accompaniments, crisis intervention, and shelter support. Successful applicant must be a self-starter that requires minimal supervision. Must demonstrate high level of communication skills, ability to successfully work in a team environment and be well organized with effective time management skills. Experience with managing crisis situations, working with diverse populations, and proven ability to adapt to changing conditions with enthusiasm a must. Prior direct services experience with both child and adult populations required. Travel within Dauphin/Perry counties required. Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with 3 years’ work-related experience required. Act 33, State Police and FBI clearances required (or able to be obtained). Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance needed.
On-Call/Floater Crisis Advocate
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is seeking an on-call/floater Crisis Advocate to assist with overnight crisis coverage for its domestic violence/sexual assault programs. The primary duties include answering the hotline, crisis counseling, providing medical and legal accompaniments, shelter intakes, and assistance with emergency protection from abuse petitions. This position is responsible for covering five (5) overnight shifts.
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to respond to crisis situations and utilize sound judgment. Must be able to work independently and have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of insurance and a clean driving record. Also requires State Police, FBI and Child Abuse clearances.
Prevention Education Specialist
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is seeking a full-time prevention education specialist to provide programming on domestic violence and sexual assault. The primary duties include developing collaborations with schools and community groups, providing educational programming, participating in public awareness events, recording and compiling statistics, community outreach, planning and implementing awareness events, and assisting with crisis needs.
Successful applicants must demonstrate excellent public speaking skills and written communications; must be a self-starter able to work independently and successfully complete program goals. This position requires non-standard hours including evening and weekend assignments and has a heavy emphasis on public speaking. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel within Dauphin and Perry counties. Experience working with diverse populations a plus. Bachelor’s degree in related field with related job experience. Must possess or be able to obtain Act 33, State Police and FBI clearances.
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg has an immediate need for a full-time maintenance/repairperson to assist Building and Grounds Supervisor with internal and external building maintenance and repairs. Responsibilities include basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs and renovations; landscaping, lawn maintenance and snow removal when required; event set up for scheduled activities which may include occasional weekends; and some general janitorial duties when necessary.
Requirements include at least two years plumbing, carpentry, and electrical experience. HVAC experience preferred but not required; strong work-ethic and attendance; ability to lift heavy objects; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and general public; valid PA driver’s license with clean driving record, reliable vehicle and proof of insurance. Act 33 Child Abuse, State Police and FBI fingerprinting clearances required.