The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do our best to display a current list of employment opportunities at this site. Resumes must be sent to email@example.com. Additional questions about a particular positon can also be addressed to that email address. Click here for an employment application.
Safe Haven – 2nd shift Residential Representative
The HHS Department is seeking a full time residential representative to work within the Safe Haven for Women program, a low demand, high-expectation program for chronically homeless and mental ill women. Hours: Monday-Friday 4 pm to midnight.
Responsibilities include: modeling positive interactive behavior and home economics; engaging and coaching residents on skills of daily living, productive interaction with others within the house, within the neighborhood and within the service community; maintaining an organized, tranquil and hygienic environment.
- be flexible, creative and think fast on their feet
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- have an understanding of how to organize and maintain a household
- be organized, have good time management skills and capable of working with minimal supervision
- have a working knowledge of the mental health and D&A fields and resources
- be able to work in coordination with a team
- possess all necessary clearances
Qualifications: Associates Degree with two or more years of related work experience. Some direct experience with and knowledge of behavioral health theories and their application. Experience with motivational interviewing is a plus. Interested candidates should forward their resume and letter of interest to Human Resources by end of business, Wednesday, December 4, 2013.
The Supported Employment department is seeking an innovative and energetic Employment Specialist to assist former offenders or at risk of incarceration and low-income clients in securing meaningful (competitive) employment and educational opportunities in compliance with specific time-related grant requirements.
Candidate will be familiar with Supported Employment practices, social service resources, area employers as well as job development and community outreach duties. This position also requires proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Minimum qualifications include at least 2 years proven success in human services, social work, business environment, or employment readiness. A four-year degree is preferred or equivalent combination of field experience. Must satisfy Act 33, State Police and FBI clearances and possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and letter of interest to HR Department by no later than Monday, Nov. 18, 2013.
Facilities/Maintenance Team Leader
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg has an immediate need for an experienced Facilities/Maintenance Team Leader to supervise the overall maintenance and upkeep of all YWCA buildings and grounds.
- Supervision and evaluation of all maintenance and housekeeping staff
- Monitoring repairs and maintenance of building equipment and systems, including but not limited to: HVAC, water, electric, emergency generators, fire alarms, etc.
- Reviewing facilities to ensure they meet all building codes and standards and securing all facility-related permits, licenses and inspections.
- Seeking bids and compiling recommendations for contractors within maintenance policy and procedural guidelines.
- Ensuring YWCA facilities and equipment provide a quality, safe environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in plumbing, carpentry, construction management, electrical, HVAC and sprinkler systems
- Prior supervision experience
- Understanding of procurement procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Act 33 Child Abuse and State Police clearances (or ability to obtain)
- Valid PA driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable vehicle and proof of insurance
Interested candidates should forward their resume, including cover letter and salary requirements to HR Dept. by end of business on Tuesday, November 12, 2013.
Crisis Advocate and Counselor
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is seeking a full-time Crisis Advocate and Counselor for its domestic violence/sexual assault programs. This position provides empowerment counseling to adults /children and crisis services including hotline, accompaniments, crisis intervention, and shelter support. Successful applicant must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision. Must demonstrate a high level of communication skills, ability to successfully work in a team environment, and be well organized with effective time management skills. Experience with managing crisis situations, working with diverse populations, and proven ability to adapt to changing conditions with enthusiasm a must. Prior direct services experience with both child and adult populations required. Travel within Dauphin/Perry Counties required. Bachelor's degree in human services or related field with 3 years related work experience required. Master's Degree preferred. Position Days/Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 4 pm to 12 Midnight. Act 33 and State Police Clearances required as well as a valid PA driver's license and proof of insurance.
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is seeking a fulltime case manager/advocate for its transitional housing program in Perry County, serving victims of domestic and sexual violence. Primary responsibilities include intake and assessment, case management, counseling, outreach and education, and managing daily operations of the housing facility. Successful applicant must be a self-starter that requires minimal supervision. Must demonstrate high level of communication skills and be well organized with effective time management skills. Experience with managing crisis situations, working with diverse populations, and proven ability to adapt to changing conditions with enthusiasm a must. Prior direct services experience with both child and adult populations required. Prior management or supervisory experience a plus. Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field with two years related work experience required. Master’s Degree preferred. Act 33 and State Police clearances required.