YW Works Employment Program
Skills Assessment helps clients identify their interests and abilities with the goal of pursuing a career that is right for them.
Training through internships, training schools, on-the-job training and/or higher education.
Acquisition of Employment is achieved by educating clients about how to find a job by applying and interviewing in the right ways. Help is also provided in finding a job once clients are ready to do so.
Job Retention is supported with case management, on-the-job coaching, support groups and professional mentoring.
Supportive Services assist clients with any barriers to acquiring or maintaining employment, such as transportation and child care.
- Free and confidential individual and group sessions.
- Application, resume and cover letter development.
- Extensive network with area employers.
- Mock interviews.
- Education and employment site visits.
- On-site computer access for self-paced learning and practice.
- Dress for success and a working professional closet (for women only).
- Personal skills development.
- Follow-up job coaching and mentoring.
For more information, please contact:
YWCA Greater Harrisburg
1101 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17103
(717) 234-7931 ext. 3048