YW Works Employment Program
Skills Assessment helps clients identify their interests and abilities with the goal of pursuing a career that is right for them.
Training through internships, training schools, on-the-job training and/or higher education.
Acquisition of Employment is achieved by educating clients about how to find a job by applying and interviewing in the right ways. Help is also provided in finding a job once clients are ready to do so.
Job Retention is supported with case management, on-the-job coaching, support groups and professional mentoring.
Supportive Services assist clients with any barriers to acquiring or maintaining employment, such as transportation and child care.
Technology Education is offered in the on-site computer lab. Basic technology classes are available.
- Free and confidential individual and group sessions.
- Application, resume and cover letter development.
- Extensive network with area employers.
- Mock interviews.
- Education and employment site visits.
- On-site computer access for self-paced learning and practice.
- Dress for success and a working professional closet (for women only).
- Personal skills development.
- Follow-up job coaching and mentoring.
For more information, please contact:
YWCA Greater Harrisburg
1101 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17103
(717) 234-7931 ext. 3048