The YWCA operates the Grace M. Pollock Child Development Center at our building in Allison Hill, which provides care for children from 6 weeks to 6 years of age. Additionally, the Child Development program provides before and after school care for children up to 12 years of age. The facility is fully licensed and is part of the STARS program (a standardized, state-administered quality assurance program). The YWCA also runs a summer camp in Fishing Creek Valley for children ages 5 to 12.
Day Care & Before and After School Programs
- All-day care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old, Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Licensed and regulated by the Department of Human Services
- Participant in the Keystone STARS program requiring the program to consistently evaluate and improve methods by which enrolled children are nurtured and prepared for primary education
- YWCA believes children learn best by doing and integrate all enrolled children into each activity
- Provide individual attention, nurturing and exposure to a wide variety of age-appropriate resources, activities and experiences
Summer Camp at Camp Reily
- Camp Reily in the Fishing Creek Valley, just outside of the Harrisburg City limits, provides plenty of space on its 28 acres for children to experience outdoor activities, swimming, crafts, field trips and more
- Camp Reily offers amenities such as a camp-style main lodge with wraparound deck, full kitchen and wood-burning fireplace, four small cabins with electricity, a leveled sports field, a basketball court, a craft room, an outdoor chapel, restrooms, raised gardens, and 28-acres of wooded hiking trails that connect to the Fort Hunter Conservatory
- Click here for a list of FAQ’s about camp
Click here for a list of the weekly themes or to register for Camp Reily
Click here to make a payment for Camp Reily
For more information, rates, or to schedule a tour of the daycare facility or Camp Reily, please call (717) 234-7931.