Sexual Assault Awareness Month Events
The YWCA's Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) Programs will mark Sexual Assault Awareness Month with a variety of events throughout April.
- On April 5, the YWCA will partner with Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries to present **Project A.W.E., a showcase of art and music exhibitions** honoring victims of sexual assault. The event will be from 2-5 p.m. in the YWCA's Highmark Room. Click here to view the Project A.W.E. flier.
- A Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event will be held April 8 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Penn State Harrisburg campus. Walk a Mile in Her Shoes asks men to literally walk a mile wearing women's high-heeled shoes. For more information, call 717-948-6269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A fundraiser will be held April 10 from 5-9 p.m. at Isaac's West Shore Plaza. VIP staff will be on hand to distribute information about programs and services, and **25% of proceeds will benefit VIP programs**.
- Proceeds from an April 11 Community Night at the Harrisburg Senators will benefit VIP programs. The Senators take on the Reading Fightin Phils at 7 p.m. at Metro Bank Park, and VIP staff will be distributing program information at the ballpark. Click here for tickets. Enter YWCA at checkout and save a bundle!
- April 24 is YWCA Denim Day in Dauphin and Perry counties. The YWCA is asking community members, elected officials, businesses and students to wear jeans as a way to protest against myths that encompass sexual assault. Click here to view the YWCA Denim Day flier.
Click here to access a SAAM events flier.
Photos from Walk a Mile in Her Shoes - April 8, 2014 (photos courtesy of Penn State Harrisburg)