2021 Holiday Giving Program
Each day gets a little cooler and brings us a little closer to the Holiday Season!
Each year, the YWCA Greater Harrisburg partners with local individuals and organizations to support hundreds of families in need during the holidays season for our Holiday Giving Program.
Residents and clients in need sign up for the program by submitting a wish list. 201’s wish lists will only consist of one need and one wish. Cheer sponsors then adopt the client’s wish list. It’s the most festive time of the year at the YWCA!
Last December, you helped us brighten the season for more than 500 families and we are hoping to hold another successful and safe Holiday Giving program. This year, more than ever, we hope to spread joy to the individuals and families in need in the midst of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic!
As with all of our operations, we have had to adapt over the last 6 months. In order to protect the health and safety of our residents, donors and team, the YWCA is taking the following public health and safety measures:
- Any individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are asked not to visit our building.
- All staff, clients and Holiday Giving visitors must take their temperature upon arrival.
Other Holiday Giving program safety measures include:
- Limiting the number of items on each client’s wish list. The wish list will be reduced to 1 need and 1 wish.
- Contactless delivery options: We encourage Cheer Sponsors to participate at a level that is comfortable for them. A need or wish for a client may be purchased online through Amazon and sent directly to the YWCA! It’s easy and convenient! Directions are listed below.
- Porch drop offs: For smaller deliveries and situations needing extra caution (sizes to be determined), Cheer sponsors may elect to deliver items to the porch and staff will pick them up after the donor’s departure.
- And finally, if you are delivering gifts to the YWCA, we ask that gift bags are included so items may be transferred from the Cheer sponsor to the case manager seamlessly.
We LOVE our volunteers! While we normally welcome individuals whom are delivering gifts or volunteering to help wrap presents, social distancing presents us with new challenges. Volunteer opportunities will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
We can't wait to bring holiday cheer to our clients and community from December 13-17!
Please refer to the directions below when purchasing gifts through Amazon.
When purchasing, select “this item is a gift.” Please remember to add the client number in the gift message section for each item. Without the client number, we won’t know which client you are sponsoring.
Gifts should be sent to:
Holiday Giving - YWCA Greater Harrisburg
1101 Market Street
Harrisburg PA 17103
If dropping off gifts in person, gifts MUST be in a gift bag with tissue paper, with the client number on the bag.
Another way to get involved is by sponsoring items on our general wish list. These items are distributed to the women and children that arrive in shelter over the holidays. Our general wish list can be found on Amazon here!
If you are interested in sponsoring a wish list or have questions about our Holiday Giving Program, please contact Caitlin Nelson or (717) 234-7931 ext. 3011.
Please submit your completed form via mail, email or fax using the instructions below.
YWCA Greater Harrisburg
Attn: Caitlin Nelson
1101 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17103