2020 Tribute to Women of Excellence
The YWCA Greater Harrisburg is pleased to announce that the 31st annual Tribute to Women of Excellence (TWE) awards dinner will be held on Thursday, March 26, 2020 at the Hershey Lodge.
In the past 30 years, the YWCA has honored well over 700 extraordinary women for their contributions to our region, both professionally and philanthropically. This year, we look forward to honoring 25 women who dedicate time and talent to making a difference in Central Pennsylvania.
Please consider nominating a Woman of Excellence who:
- participates actively in the community as a mentor, volunteer or role model,
- demonstrates integrity, strength of character and leadership,
- and embraces the vision and mission of the YWCA.
In addition, two prestigious awards are bestowed to two exemplary women in the Capital Region:
- Carolyne L. Smith Legacy Award: given to an exemplary woman whose efforts set a standard for a lifetime commitment to the welfare of women and children in the capital region.
- Karen F. Snider Emerging Leader Award: recognizes the efforts of a woman under the age of 30 on behalf of the community, particularly with regard to mentoring younger girls.
Click here to view previous Legacy and Emerging Leader award recipients.
The Tribute to Women of Excellence event not only spotlights honorees, but also raises essential funds so that the YWCA Greater Harrisburg can continue providing life-changing programs and services. From emergency shelter and legal clinic, to child development and employment readiness programs, we could not do this important work without the generosity of supporters like you.
Please consider nominating a deserving woman – and sponsoring this premier event. TWE sponsors are viewed as leaders in the promotion of women who play vital roles in this community, as well as women who are struggling to achieve self-sufficiency and safety for themselves and their children. This is your opportunity to demonstrate a corporate and/or personal commitment to the YWCA and our community, and to honor a Woman of Excellence!
TWE honorees are the pillars of this community; they deserve to be recognized for the respective roles they play in improving the lives of all who live in the area. Please note that the deadline for nomination is Friday, November 15, 2019.
Feel free to call Tiffanie Keck at 717-724-2250 with any questions.